Multi Position Evaporation Station (mVAP)
The GERSTEL Multi-Position Evaporation Station (mVAP) performs solvent evaporation enabling automated sample concentration for lower detection limits as well as solvent exchange for improved chromatography and LC/MS ionization.Request a quote
The GERSTEL Multi-Position Evaporation Station (mVAP) performs solvent evaporation integrated with your sample preparation enabling automated sample concentration for lower detection limits as well as solvent exchange for improved chromatography and LC/MS ionization. Concentration is performed at user defined temperature, agitation and vacuum levels enabling highly flexible operation with mild temperature conditions and limited analyte loss.
Concentration in the GERSTEL Multi-Position Evaporation Station (mVAP) can be combined with a wide variety of sample preparation and clean-up techniques such as SPE, dispersive SPE (DPX), liquid/liquid extraction or filtration with the significant benefit of automated injection of the concentrated sample into a GC/MS or LC/MS system.
Every step is controlled by mouse-click using the MAESTRO PrepBuilder. Just one method and one sequence table is needed for the entire process including GC/MS or LC/MS analysis.
- Efficient concentration of extracts and solutions under controlled conditions
- Up to 196 samples in standard autosampler vials can be concentrated in batches of up to six.
- Improved limits of detection
- Solvent exchange for GC/MS or LC/MS analysis
- Concentration in combination with all sample preparation techniques (SPE and dispersive SPE (DPX), Liquid-liquid extraction and membrane extraction (MASE), Centrifugation and Filtration)
- Reproducible sample preparation through uniform processing of all samples
- User defined mild evaporation conditions enable maximized analyte recovery
- Condensation-free and safe removal of solvent vapours
- Contamination-free through use of sealed autosampler vials
- Reduced staff exposure to potentially toxic solvents
- Concentration directly from elution/sample vials
- No need for cumbersome manual liquid transfer
- Automated loading of 2 mL, 4 mL, and 10 mL vials into mVAP
- Parallel evaporative concentration of up to six samples
- Controlled evaporation through user defined temperature, vacuum, and agitation levels
- Efficient PrepAhead overlapping of sample preparation and analysis
Related application notes
Design of Experiment (DoE) and GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS): a Match Made in Heaven
Fully Automated Determination of 3-MCPD and Glycidol in Edible Oils by GC-MS Based on the Commonly Used Methods ISO 18363-1, AOCS Cd 29c- 13, and DGF C-VI 18 (10)
Exploring the Biotechnological Potential of Endophytic Fungi Using Online Automated Sample Preparation GC-MS
Automation of Derivatisation Workflows for GC-MS Metabolomics Applications