PRODUCT FOCUS: Teledyne Tekmar HT3 ™ Static and Dynamic Headspace System
Teledyne Tekmar HT3 ™ Static and Dynamic Headspace System
Static Headspace analysis is a time-tested and robust technique for the analysis of volatile compounds in almost any matrix. The popularity of the technique is due to Headspace analysis being able to provide clean, reliable results. Therefore, this edition of Product Focus takes a look at the Teledyne Tekmar HT3 ™ Static and Dynamic Headspace System, one of the finest solutions on the UK market.
In creating the HT3 ™ Static and Dynamic Headspace System, Teledyne Tekmar draws on experience as a long-time leader in low-level VOC analysis instrumentation.
Dramatic improvements in sensitivity are achieved with the new HT3, while maintaining the ruggedness and reliability of a traditional Static Headspace instrument.
For example, the system offers the following list of significant analytical benefits:
Benefits of the Teledyne Tekmar HT3 ™ Static and Dynamic Headspace Analysis System
- Standard integrated 60-position autosampler with 10-position platen heater provides true walk away automation
- Increased sensitivity from 50 to 100 times with the Dynamic Headspace option (compound dependent)
- Removable sample path for trouble-free maintenance
- High temperature capability to 300 °C expands range of applications
- Inert sample pathway including transfer line, sample needle and loop provide superior analytical results by eliminating adsorption and reducing carryover
- Automated Leak Check and Benchmark for quick troubleshooting
- Automated method development using Method Optimization Mode (M.O.M.)
- 21 CFR Compliance
- Built-in Mass Flow Controller ensures consistent flow and pressure for all samples regardless of external conditions.
Applications and Industries
VOC sampling and analysis are used in a wide range of applications in the following industries:
- Residual Solvents
- Impurities from drug substances
- Impurities from container closure systems
- Flavor, Fragrance, and Packaging
- Blood Alcohol and Forensic Toxicology