Removing particulate matter from a sample or extract prior to analysis is critical for many GC/MS- and LC/MS analysis methods, particularly when large series of samples must be analysed automatically.Request a quote
Suspended particles and matrix material in a sample can significantly influence analysis results and system stability. Removing particulate matter from a sample or extract prior to analysis is therefore critical for many GC/MS- and LC/MS analysis methods, particularly when large series of samples must be analysed automatically. The GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) cleans up to 196 samples in a single automated sequence using a wide range of standard syringe filters. Filtration is performed in a simple and highly efficient manner as integral part of the automated sample preparation, for example combined with sample preparation steps such as dilution, derivatization, addition of standards and of course introduction of the cleaned and prepared sample to the LC/MS- or GC/MS system.
- 0.22 and 045 micron filters (all standard filter types available Nylon, PP, PTFE etc)
- Intelligent filtering: automatically stops filtering if resistance is too great.
- Time saving through elimination of tedious and error-prone manual steps
- Laboratory staff is less exposed to potentially toxic solvents, improved work environment
- Rugged operation, reliable and reproducible results, identical treatment of all samples
- High sample throughput and best possible utilization of the analysis system through PrepAhead productivity: Filtration is performed during the ongoing analysis of the preceding sample
- Best possible results: For every application, the right filter type can be used
- Manual methods can be transferred directly and automated
- One or more 98-position trays for 4 mm syringe filters can be mounted onto the MPS, enabling high throughput operation overnight and during the weekend – even when analysis runs are short
Related application notes
Full Method Validation of an Automated Solution for Nitrosamines in Irbesartan and Metformin by LC-MS-MS Analysis
Completely Automated Extraction and Determination of Antibiotics in Eggs Using a Robotic Autosampler and LC-MS/MS Platform
An Evaluation of the GERSTEL Basic Filtration Option for the MPS Robotic Pro