Product Focus: GERSTEL 3-MCPD Sample Prep Solution
GERSTEL 3-MCPD Sample Prep Solution
3-Monochloropropanediol (3-MCPD) esters and glycidyl esters (GE) are formed as by-products during the refining of edible oils. Due to their potential health implications, the European Union has imposed stringent regulations, specifying maximum allowable concentrations of these compounds in food products.
As a result, efficiency, accurate analysis has become ever more important for the industry.
The GERSTEL 3-MCPD SamplePrepSolution enables automated determination of 3-MCPD, Glycidol and 2-MCPD following ISO 18363-1, AOCS Cd 29c-13, and DGF C-VI 18 (10), known as the “indirect” methods due to the indirect determination of glycidol.
These are the most frequently used methods world-wide and they are practically identical.
Benefits of the GERSTEL 3-MCPD:
- The GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS robotic) Dual Head version automates all steps including liquid handling, liquid-liquid extraction, evaporative concentration of extracts, change to a GC compatible solvent and derivatization of the analytes
- Automated and optimized for highest productivity and throughput when the MPS is integrated with a GC/MS system
- 24 samples can be processed in 24 hours, based on 48 GC-MS(/MS) analysis runs & two runs per sample.
- Configurable as a WorkStation independent of the analysis system or as complete automated analysis system that performs introduction of the prepared extract to the GC-MS(/MS)
- Offers lower limits of determination by evaporating solvent and excess derivatization reagent from up to 6 samples in one batch under controlled vacuum, temperature and agitation.
- Improves GC-MS(/MS) system stability and shortens analysis time by removing residual derivatization reagent by GC column backflush
- extremely efficient mixing for extraction of up to 6 samples in one batch with mixing power comparable to vortex mixers with the GERSTEL QuickMIX
- Optimises system productivity and throughput by enabling sample prep and analysis to be performed in parallel
- Improves reproducibility and quality of results by ensuring that all samples are processed in exactly the same way
- Offers fully integrated control software whereby one method and one sequence table controls both sample preparation and GC-MS/(MS) analysis for the three commonly used methods types.