Selective, Instant Ultratrace Gas Analysis without Chromatography: Introducing SIFT-MS
Live FREE Webcast – Wednesday 7th October, 2015 at 11am EDT/ 10am CDT/ 8am PDT Hosted by Syft Technologies.
Reactive compounds like formaldehyde, ammonia and hydrogen sulfide can be measured routinely without the need for gas chromatography. In this web seminar, you will get an overview of SIFT-MS, which combines multiple, switchable chemical ionization reagents with mass spectrometry to deliver highly selective, quantitative gas analysis in seconds.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn fundamentals of the selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) technique.
- Particular focus will e given to the unique application of multiple rapidly switchable positive and negative reagent ions together with the highly controlled chemical ionization of the sample in the flow tube. These factors confer highly selective analysis plus repeatable, absolute quantitation of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and inorganic gases over wide linear and dynamic ranges (from pptv to ppmv concentrations).
- Compare SIFT-MS with standard gas analysis methods, such as GC-MS.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone using gas chromatography or GC-MS.
- In particular, analysts working in special application areas, such as ambient air and fence-line monitoring, stack gas analysis, odour monitoring, due to the single-run analysis of diverse odour compounds such as aldehydes, amines, and organosulfur compounds.