8860 GC System
The 8860 Gas Chromatograph (GC) System sets the standard for routine GC analysis with reliability and robustness.Request a quote
The Agilent 8860 GC System sets the standard for routine Gas Chromatography analysis with reliability and robustness. Configurable with up to two inlets, three valves, and three detectors, including a single quadrupole mass spectrometer, the 8860 addresses a wide range of routine GC application areas.
Built-in intelligence, intuitive touch screen interface, and cost-effective options such as DA Express and electronic pneumatic regulation (EPR) make the Agilent 8860 GC System an attractive option, elevating routine GC analysis to new levels of performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Advanced Instrument Intelligence functionality for diagnostics and maintenance can help lab managers better avoid unplanned downtime, minimizing costly operational surprises.
- Color touch screen display provides access to GC setpoint and status information, configuration, and signal plot to confirm that analyses are progressing as intended.
- Browser User Interface provides convenient access to extensive GC information from your PC or tablet. Edit methods and sequences and access advanced intelligence functions. See instrument status and run diagnostics from any place within reach of your lab network—even from home.
- Blank run evaluation identifies and notifies the user for problems such as baseline excursions, unexpected peaks and elevated baselines. Detector evaluation can automatically evaluate detector checkout samples, providing summary reports in the diagnostic section.
- Unique 6th-generation microchannel-based EPC architecture provides a significant improvement in reliability and longevity against gas contaminants such as particulates, water, and oils over previous generation Agilent GC designs, as well as other GC vendors’ designs.
- Full 8860 electronic pneumatics control (EPC)—available on all inlets and detectors—ensures better repeatability of retention times and peak areas, more consistent results, and less rework.
- Electronic Pneumatics Regulation (EPR) option provides simple manual operation with high-precision digital display of pressure/flow. Actual pressure and flow data can be recorded with Agilent OpenLab CDS software. EPR offers significant advantages over manual pneumatics systems.
- 8860 EPC and EPR have ambient temperature and pressure compensation for more stable retention times and detector baselines.
- Cost-saving advanced electronic pneumatic controllers such as Helium Conservation Module and Hydrogen Sensor can reduce the amount of helium used offering both flexibility and higher levels of safety in your laboratory.
- Retention time locking (RTL), available with most Agilent OpenLab CDS software, provides the ability to precisely match chromatographic retention times in any GC system to those in another Agilent GC system with the same method and column.
- Optional DA Express Data Analysis for 8860 GC is particularly well suited for users who do not require significant data processing or compliant software functionality. Simplifying data analysis, this innovative software makes it easy to perform integration, reporting, and calibration.
- Autoranging FID provides a wide dynamic response range enhances accuracy and minimizes preparation requirements for samples that contain very high or very low compound concentrations.
- Single filament TCD does not require a separate reference gas or manual potentiometer adjustment, and provides a stable baseline without drift.