PRODUCT FOCUS: Teledyne Tekmar Atomx XYZ Autosampler
With ever-increasing regulations across the world, effective and efficient analysis of soil and water is of more importance than ever before. Therefore, this edition of Product Focus takes an in-depth look at the Teledyne Tekmar Atomx XYZ soil and water autosampler.
The Teledyne Tekmar Atomx XYZ is the second generation combined soil/water autosampler and purge and trap concentrator system in the Tekmar VOC product family. It is the only instrument of its kind to employ a unique automated methanol extraction feature for high level soils in accordance with USEPA Method 5035. Methanol rinsing, dilutions capability and three standard addition vessels all come standard on the Teledyne Tekmar Atomx XYZ.
While priced competitively, the system offers unique features that cannot be found on any other sample prep system on the market today.
Benefits and Features of the Atomx XYZ Soil and Water Autosampler
- 84-position vial tray with optional vial chiller to 4 °C
- Reduced footprint by 13 cm (5”) compared to the previous generation Atomx
- Reduction of the amount of water transferred to the GC by as much as 60% over previous models, due to the improved Moisture Control System
- Reduction of potential leak sources due to a precision machined valve manifold block, ensuring a reliable and robust system
- Faster trap cooling time through dedicated ducting
- Re-designed software that is intuitive, user-friendly, touchscreen compatible and USB driven to be fully compatible with Windows 10
- Use of Helium or Nitrogen due to the patented Electronic Mass Flow Controller (MFC). The MFC gives the ability to vary flow rates in different modes thus increasing sample throughput
- Excellent desorption efficiency due to proprietary trapping material
- Optional Guardian Foam Sensor and Eliminator for foaming sample types
- Foam detection and prevention options, vial chilling and sparge vessel heater accessories all available
Reaching beyond previous benchmarks, the Atomx XYZ Automated Purge and Trap VOC sample preparation system includes improved moisture control, a precision-machined valve manifold, reduced overall system footprint, increased 84 VOA vial capacity and rapid trap cooling. These refinements result in less water transferred to the GC, simplified plumbing, more bench space and increased throughput.
Carryover and/or cross-contamination typically associated with high-level soil and water analyses is mitigated by a unique methanol rinse feature, and/or a dual-stage water heater that delivers 90 °C water to ensure clean rinses, regardless of rinse volume. Time-tested automation and intelligent software means hassle-free unattended operation and freedom to perform other tasks.
Best of all, competitive pricing means the best VOC sample prep system available today is easily within reach.
Methods (including, but not limited to):
- USEPA 502.1, 502.2, 524.2, 524.3, 524.4, 503.1, 601, 602, 603, 624, 5030, 5035, 8010, 8015, 8020, 8021, 8030, 8240, 8260
- MEE Methods HJ 605 and HJ 639
- ASTM and Standard Methods.