PRODUCT FOCUS: Agilent 8890 GC System
When the results of your gas chromatography analysis are critical and optimal instrument operation is a must, you need a GC System which exceeds expectations for uptime and accuracy. Therefore, this edition of Product Focus takes a look at the Agilent 8890 GC System, a gas chromatograph with the flexible configuration capabilities to address specific analysis demands and deliver fast, accurate results, every time.
The 8890’s built-in intelligence also enables remote connectivity. The autonomous, user-initiated system checks the health of the instrument, alerting you to potential issues and how to solve them. Step-by-step instructions on common maintenance procedures and sixth generation EPC for autonomous diagnostic tests are also provided, to supplement our industry-leading technical service and support.
Read on to find out more:
Benefits & Features of the Agilent 8809 Gas Chromatograph System
- Remote connectivity enables you to monitor your GC system, check system logs, and perform diagnostics tests from inside and outside of the laboratory at any time
- Full-function touchscreen controls system configuration letting you update methods and sequences, perform maintenance routines, and check instrument status
- Built-in intelligence autonomously monitors the health of the system, alerts the user of potential issues before they affect chromatographic performance, and offers helpful step-by-step guides to resolve issues.
- Significantly improved reliability and longevity against gas contaminants such as particulates, water, and oils which extends the life of the instrument consumables
- Capillary Flow Technology (CFT) provides unique gas flow connections for multi-dimension gas chromatography (GC x GC/Deans Switch), comprehensive two-dimension gas chromatography (GC x GC) with flow modulation
- Single filament TCD that doesn’t require a separate reference gas or manual potentiometer adjustment provides a stable baseline with a minimal signal drift.
- Auto-ranging FID provides the ability to detect and quantitate from percent levels to parts per billion (ppb) in a single injection.
- Compatible with all GC/MS platforms
- Cost-saving advanced electronic pneumatic controllers such as Helium Conservation Module, Hydrogen Sensors, and Alternate Carrier Gas Solutions, dramatically reduce the amount of helium used offering both flexibility and higher levels of safety in your laboratory.
- Optional Smart ID Keys, included with GC columns, provide information such as column usage with default parameters for configuration that helps automate method setup.