A Fully Automated Offline Solution for the Analysis of Amino Acids by GC-MS
Amino acids are both key metabolites in primary metabolism and the structural building blocks of proteins. With a diverse range of structures and properties, routine amino acid analysis is done in a range of sectors including:
- Diagnosis & management of metabolic diseases
- Biomedical research and epidemiological studies in animal/human health and nutrition (e.g. branched chain amino acids are predictive biomarkers of metabolic syndrome)
- Routine food testing for compliance with regulations or food labelling requirements (e.g. histamine, collagen, protein, aspartame/phenylalanine, protein content)
- Large scale field/breeding trials for plant quality of nutritional traits
- Food and agriculture science: studying flavour formation during cooking; managing/predicting acrylamide formation potential of raw materials (grain or potatoes) for baked or fried products
- Metabolic flux analysis (fluxomics) in biochemical studies
- Fermentation reaction monitoring (biopharma, industrial biotechnology, synthetic biology)
- Peptide/protein characterisation and QC
Before you download...
Please enter your email address before downloading this document.