The AQUATek LVA is a full automation solution for routine analysis of waters by purge and trap concentration.Request a quote
The AQUATek LVA is a full automation solution for routine analysis of waters by purge and trap concentration. It utilizes a fixed volume loop that is filled with liquid sample, internal and/or surrogate standards are added, and then the sample is transferred to the Lumin or Stratum PTC. Upon completion of the purge step by the concentrator, the AQUATek LVA then initiates a clean up cycle where the sample loop and concentrator sparger are cleaned with 90o C water via the two-stage water heater.
The AQUATek LVA offers all the capabilities you need for compliance with USEPA Methods for the analysis of aqueous volatile organic samples, including a true closed-system technique for sample handling and vial cooling. The closed-system sampling technique and vial chiller ensure the integrity of the sample during the sample preparation process, greatly minimizing volatile organics loss as well as reducing labor cost.
- Sample Loop – The AQUATek LVA is equipped with a fixed volume PEEK™ sample loop with volume choices of 5, 10, 20 and 25 mL. The sample loop is filled with a liquid sample from the sample vial via a pressurization step. The loop is connected to two 3-port solenoid valves. These valves allow for the sample volume to be swept to the concentrator for analysis and allow for cleanup of the loop between samples via hot water rinsing and an inert gas sweep.
- 84-Position Sample Tray – The 84-position sample tray loads quickly and is fully insulated, ensuring that chilled samples remain cool.
- Vial Chiller Tray – The vial chiller allows for sample cooling. The chiller requires the use of an external recirculating cooling bath (optional accessory) for operation.
- Valve Manifold – A precision-machined manifold reduces plumbing connections by 60% over previous designs and results in improved system reliability.
- Hot Water Rinsing – The entire liquid pathway can be rinsed using the high temperature Deionized (DI) water cleaning technique which uses two internal reservoirs to heat blank water to 90 °C for rinsing.
- pH Probe – The pH probe option allows users to measure and record pH values for all samples in a schedule.
- XYZ Automation – The quick, whisper-quiet arm has undergone years of refinement and testing to eliminate the issues typically associated with older XYZ autosampler platforms.
- Stackable Configuration – Stackable configuration minimizes the instrument footprint and saves lab bench space.
- Internal Standards – Internal standards/surrogates are stored in two 15 mL amber glass vessels to prevent transmission of UV radiation. Vessels are sealed with a PEEK™ cap to prevent adsorption and contamination of the standard solution. Each standard vessel can deliver volumes of 1, 2, 5, 10, or 20 μL to each sample. Each standard injection valve can be used independently or in combination.
- Barcode – The AQUATek LVA has the ability to connect to a standard barcode reader in order to scan vial barcodes and automatically have the vial ID number added into the TekLink™ schedule.
- Blanking Water Reservoir – Reservoir included with system provides cleanup water and auto-blanking, which frees up vial space in the sample tray for increased throughput.