Automated Solutions Using Small Scale SPE to Solve Challenging Applications
Many sample preparation protocols include a sample enrichment or clean up step and a common technique employed for this is solid phase extraction. However, manual solid phase extraction can be time consuming and prone to issues with robustness or reproducibility. Anatune have developed several solutions using ITSP (Instrument Top Sample Preparation), which is an automated miniaturised SPE compatible with the GERTSEL MPS platform. While most of these are covered in dedicated application notes, this document provides a summary to demonstrate the variety and robustness of ITSP from food and flavour, environmental and clinical sectors. ITSP enables robust high throughput analysis to be performed and is applicable to a wide variety of applications. This application note summarises four such methods demonstrating the robustness of ITSP, in some cases enabling analysis of over 200 samples per week on one system. Applications described are:
• A fully automated solution for Vitamin D, which has been running successfully for a number of years for Viapath at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital whereby they run hundreds of patient samples every week
• Analysis of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) and in water samples
• Metaldehyde in water samples routinely carried out by Severn Trent Water
• Taste and Odour compounds in water by GC-MS/MS
• Filtration for UPLC by ITSP
Before you download...
Please enter your email address before downloading this document.